Yes on Proposition 8

WHAT I BELIEVE:

  • I believe the family and marriage between a man and a woman are ordained of God. I know families are eternal. I believe children are 'entitled' to be reared by a father and a mother.
  • I also believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. That said, I also believe that everyone has the right to marry. Some people choose a different lifestyle so they choose not to be eligible for marriage.
  • I also believe that there are certain laws and rights and benefits awarded to married couples... which are not awarded to people who choose to live a different lifestyle.
WHAT I BELIEVE SHOULD BE DONE:
  • I believe we should redefine the law instead of redefining marriage.
WHAT I FEAR IF PROP 8 FAILS:
  • I fear marriage will be devalued.
  • I fear sex education.
  • I fear "mom and dad" and "mother and father" will be banned from all schools.
  • I fear people will be sued for trying to live by their religious beliefs.
  • I fear anti-discrimination regulations will supersede religious beliefs.
  • I fear religion sponsored schools will be required to provide housing to same sex couples.
  • I fear religion sponsored adoption agency's will have to close their doors.
  • I fear the slippery slope we've started.
WHAT I FEAR IF PROP 8 PASSES:
  • I fear the voice of the people will be overturned again by a few judges... which threatens the voice of the people in any issue.

I EXHORT ALL TO VOTE YES ON PROP 8:

  • It will save the fundamental unit of society... Marriage and the family.

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

BEAUTIFULLY said!!!! AMEN!

Angie said...

I really like how you said, "I also believe that everyone has the right to marry. Some people choose a different lifestyle so they choose not to be eligible for marriage." What a great way of putting it! They DO have the right to marry, but they have to be making the right choice to receive that consequence.

I am so nervous that Prop 8 won't pass! It better, or we're in real trouble...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jamie said...

we'll certainly all be watching to see what happens in california.

Ruth said...

You said it well, Mitch! We got to hold signs in downtown Hollister. Go to my facebook page and you'll see some. We had good support from the big truckers with their horns. Your mom really enjoyed it also, holding the signs in support. Take care!

The Dabo's said...

Thank you for the cute Derek pictures. You need to post more pictures of him on your blog because it's the only way we can see him more. Taylor is going to be so cute like her brother. I am sooo excited for her arrival. I can't even tell you. Wish we lived closer. Drew and Derek would be a hoot together. We are trying to figure out if we all can come in Feb for Taylor's blessing, we most likely will make a little vaca out of it. Talk to you later.

Amy said...

Great post, I'm glad that you're not afraid to put your beliefs on the internet. Go Mitch!

Linda said...

Say your prayers, Mitch.... It's getting like in the BOM and Bible times, and getting to brother against brother.